Testosterone is a most important hormone present in human body especially for men. Women have small amount of testosterone hormone. It is essential for growth and development of the male body. There is a relationship between diet and testosterone and therefore it is suggested to take testosterone supplements with proper diet and exercise. There are many important functions of hormone such as:
- Appropriate levels of red blood cells
- Elevated mood and overall sense of well-being
- Sexual function
- Maintain muscle health and bulk
- Bone growth
There are many reasons by which testosterone level could be low. Diet is also a big reason for this fluctuation as there is an important relationship between diet and testosterone. A doctor can examine hormone levels through a simple blood test. Testosterone levels fluctuate during the day so doctor should be take two test during the day. Morning time is the ideal time for test because this the time when hormone level is on peak. Highest secretion and production of this hormone during adolescence and naturally decline after the age becomes around 30years. Different person experience decline levels differently. Some reasons due to which testosterone hormone decrease are:
- Chronic illness
- Pituitary gland dysfunction
- Injury or infection to the testicles
- Medications etc.
Testosterone level decreases due to any reason, many physical side effects occur in human body. Symptoms can be shown due to testosterone hormone deficiency:-
- Mild anemia
- Loss of hair
- decrease in overall muscle mass and increase in body fat
- Changes in cholesterol level and lipid level
It is not recommended to self diagnose. When tests have been documented by a doctor and there are symptoms of low hormone level shown on the body , Hormone therapy should be begin in the supervision of the medical representative. To improve this level naturally, testosterone diet could be very helpful. If someone wants to raise the level of testosterone, he should be take advice of the doctor before start any cycle or diet plan. It is not recommended to follow any hormone replacement therapy without approval of the doctor either through patches, pills or supplements.
There are also other ways to increase testosterone hormone level without taking any supplements or steroids. Any person can enhance the level of hormone through healthy, proper diet plan and maintain healthy life style. Diet also affects the hormone level and its work. The hypothalamus is situated in the brain, releases a gonadotropin-releasing hormone that is also known as GnRH. This hormone goes to the pituitary gland and stimulates the secretion of the luteinizing hormone. It activates the enzymes that convert cholesterol into test. A bad diet could disturb whole process. The diet is affected the production of the hormone as well as quality of hormone. Some ways to add the following into the diet:
- Include 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.
- Consume satisfactory number of calories. Multiply body weight by 18 to 20 calories, obtain number is the required minimum amount of calories that should be helpful to support muscle growth and not add fat.
- Add carbohydrates into the diet. It is recommended a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein by Health professionals.
- Add vitamin-D and zinc into the diet because these are very helpful in boosting testosterone level.